Dr. Oetker International
As a major branded goods enterprise in the food industry, Dr. Oetker is represented in the retail food trade with some 350 different products, and is market leader in almost all its German product lines. The majority of its products belong in the ambient food category, which encompasses baking goods, baking mixes, dry ready meals, dessert products, preserving articles and muesli. Further assortments are chilled dairy products, frozen pizzas and snacks.
With its roots in its headquarters in Bielefeld, the Dr. Oetker family enterprise pursues its business activities internationally. Production and sales companies operate not only in all European countries, but also in parts of North and South America, as well as in China and India. In Europe, Dr. Oetker takes a leading role in the pizza, dessert and baking sectors, and offers a total of some 3,500 different products. The internationalisation of the business will continue to be driven forward allowing more and more consumers to enjoy Dr. Oetker products.
In addition to Dr. Oetker, the company carries other brands, such as Koopmans in the Netherlands, and Paneangeli in Italy. In total, Dr. Oetker employs a workforce of more than 9,500 - approximately half of them in Germany.
Dr. Oetker in Australia
- In 2009, Dr. Oetker enters the frozen pizza market and starts to grow its business from that point onwards.
- In 2010, Dr. Oetker Australia Pty. Ltd. is founded as a sister company of the Dr. Oetker GmbH following the great success of Dr. Oetker Pizza Ristorante in the Australian market. Dr. Oetker Australia buys the pizza line from Simplot Australia in the factory in Pakenham, Victoria, as well as the Brand Papa Giuseppi's. Dr. Oetker Australia starts to advertise its brands by using media such as TV, magazines, social media and tasting events throughout Australia. Ristorante expands its range to include meat varieties produced in Australia: Pepperoni-Salame, Bolognese and Hawaii (Ham & Pineapple).
- In February 2012, Dr. Oetker Australia relaunches the Papa Giuseppi's brand by developing a new and fresher packaging design as well as improving the product quality of the classic pizza range: higher quality ingredients, new recipes and an improved base.
- In September 2012, Dr. Oetker launches a new innovative snack range under the brand of Papa Giuseppi's: Papa Giuseppi's Panini, which is currently available in two varieties - Tomato & Cheese and Mediterranean.
- In 2013, Dr. Oetker Australia launches a new product range under the Papa Giuseppi's brand - Bakehouse Crust. This product is crispy from the outside and soft from the inside and is a total innovation in the Australian pizza market. With excellent flavours such as BBQ Meatlovers, Pepperoni, Hawaiian and the very popular vegetarian pizza - Roast Pumpkin, Feta and Spinach - the new Papa Giuseppi's Bakehouse Crust takes the frozen pizza market to the next level.
- In 2015, Dr. Oetker Australia launched baking and decorating products in Australia. The large range of fun and easy to use products is available in Coles and Woolworths stores around Australia. The range includes Baking Ingredients, Gel Food Colours, Mug Cakes, Edible Decorations, Sprinkles, Designer and Writing Icing, Ready-to-Roll Icing and Surprise Inside Cupcake Centres.
The next steps for Dr. Oetker Australia include plans to further grow the Australian market by extending the existing lines as well as offering new, innovative and high quality products.